Waldorf Fruit Salad
A kid-friendly fruit salad!
This recipe works for: Salad
Serving Size: 100
- 4-5 lbs. Fresh Apples, unpeeled, cored, chilled & diced
- 1/2 cup frozen lemon juice concentrate (reconstituted)
- 1 (#10) can Fruit Mix in LS, drained & chilled
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 lb. raisins (optional)
- 3 cups celery, chilled & chopped (optional)
- 1 lb. chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle apples with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Combine apples, mixed fruit, optional celery & raisins, mayonnaise, and optional nutmeg. Mix lightly to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly across 2 shallow pans (12″x20″x2 1/2″), to a depth of 2″ or less.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours before serving.
Recipe Source: USDA: Healthy Mealshttp://healthymeals.nal.usda.gov/schoolmeals/Recipes/recipefinder.php?rec_id=424&mode=show_recipe&term=&search_type=special
See more Canned Fruit Cocktail Recipes