Pear Honey Suzette Crepes
These honey crepes are perfect to serve at baby showers, brunches, or any mid-day get together. And so convenient to make with canned pears!
Serving Size: 6
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 6 lowfat honey crepes (recipe follows)
- 2 cups low fat lemon yogurt
- 1 can (16 oz.) pear slices, drained
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Pear with Honey Suzette Crepe Filling:
- In small saucepan combine honey, orange juice, lemon juice, orange peel, lemon peel and cornstarch; whisk until well blended and cornstarch is dissolved.
- Bring mixture to boil over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally; cook until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat; whisk in butter. Cool to room temperature or refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble, press 1 crepe into each of 6 ramekins or bowls to form cups. Fill each with 1/3 cup yogurt. Top each with 2 to 3 pear slices and 2 to 3 Tablespoons sauce.
Low-Fat Honey Crepes:
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Rub 8-inch nonstick skillet with oiled paper towel or spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons crepe batter into skillet, tilting and rotating skillet to cover evenly with batter. Cook until edges begin to brown.
- Turn crepe over and cook until lightly browned. Remove crepe to plate to cool. Repeat process with remaining batter. Crepes may be refrigerated 3 days or frozen up to 1 month in airtight container.
Photo adapted from: Maggie Beer
Adapted from: Honey.comhttp://www.honey.com/
See more Canned Pear Recipes